Tuesday, October 21, 2014

love it/hate it: toni&guy sea salt texturising spray

 

i've talked a bit about this product in the beginning of the summer as one of my summer must-haves to toss in your beach bag. while it definitely isn't summer anymore here in new england, we've had a few days of the worst, most disgusting rainy/humid weather. as a gal with thick curly hair, if there's any moisture in the air, I can't be bothered to blow dry or do much with my hair. I know even an hour later the kinky curls will be around my face, and I'll have a halo of frizzies to battle. not fun. this product has been a lifesaver for creating easy, piecey beachy waves these past few days. i'm not sure how well of a product this would be if you hair doesn't have any natural wave/curl to it (sorry straight haired girls), but with my hair type I'm left with waves throughout, lots of volume and ringlets at my ends. and to top it off the smell is amazing. it's beachy, clean, and fresh without screaming ocean/summer. i've found some sea salt sprays leave my hair too crunchy and obvious that there's product in it, but this product hasn't done that at all. i've even brushed it out at night, and re-applied the spray the next morning and the curls/look are as good as new. it can be a bit pricey, so make sure and look around to find the best deal (the link above is to target's website where I've found it the cheapest). I have the deluxe sample size, which I received as part of a birchbox about a year ago, and it's still going strong.  (considering trying out birchbox? check out my thoughts here). I love shopping my stash, rediscovering forgotten products, and finding new uses for old favorites.

bottom line: if you're looking for a super easy product for creating pretty and undone curls (if you have some natural curl/texture to your hair), then this product is definitely a winner. love, love, love it. and the small is to die for.

have you ever tried the toni&guy sea salt texturing spray? what are your thoughts?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment