Thursday, October 16, 2014

currently craving: dark lips

while I definitely don't always stick to the "rules" of make-up, one of my favorite fall/winter trends is a deep, dark lip. I've rounded up a few of my favorite deep plum/raisin lip colors (high end & drugstore) to create the perfect dark lip.


the Wet N Wild Megalast Lipcolors are one of my favorite drugstore products. not only are they incredibly long wearing and super cheap (hello $1.99!), they also have an incredible shade range- many of which are dupes for some of your favorite high end colors. I purchased this color (Sugar Plum Fairy) on a whim one day, and instantly fell in love with the color. it looks super intimidating in the tube (so dark it's almost black), but when applied sparingly (blot, don't swipe), it's the perfect shade.

the MAC lipstick in Rebel is a cult favorite and for good reason. this creamy plum is the lux version of Sugar Plum Fairy- with a satin finish. matte lips definitely  have their time and place, but for normal day to day wear (and for comfort), I love a lipstick with a satin finish.

the Smashbox Be Legendary Lipgloss in Vivid Violet was part of a gift set that I received for Christmas last year, and honestly I was initially turned off by this color. It's a beautiful sheer wash of berry color when worn alone, but when layered with a lipstick (I usually wear it over the Sugar Plum Fairy to help with the matte finish) it is gorgeous.

the Butter London Lippy Liquid Lipstick in La Moss is the most recent addition to my dark lip addiction. while the Smashbox version is sheer on it's own and needs to be layered with a lipstick for that true dark color, the Butter version can be worn alone (for a toned down deep look).

the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Berry Allure is a good drugstore dupe for these deep glosses. this is the perfect color if you like the look of a raisin/berry lip, but are aiming for something a bit more daytime or toned down.

what are some of your favorite deep, dark lip combos?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment