Sunday, September 7, 2014

calling all live music junkies


this has been the year of live music for sure. between the two days of Boston Calling in may, and a mix of small shows and huge venues (hello Bey), I've definitely had my fair share of good times. while today may not be the last show I see this year, it is a great end to a season, and I am fully embracing fall with open arms. if you missed out on the fun last time, tickets may still be available for the show today (check out Boston Calling on Twitter to see). while yesterday's show featured Lorde as the big name, when I saw the line-up months ago it was the combination of Nas x The Roots that sold it for me. my love of all things hip-hop has been expressed on here more than once, but to hear both of these amazing talents live is going to be amazing. and it happens to be the 20th anniversary of Nas' albumn Illmatic XX, which makes it even more special. I love that even though all of the installments of Boston Calling have been huge successess, the festival keeps changing and evolving. most exciting is the addition of Sam Adams Octoberfest, and even though the weather the past few days in Boston has been anything but crisp and cool, you better believe I'll be enjoying an Octoberfest while listening to some great tunes (praying that they have brown sugar rims!). I'll be back later this week with a more in-depth highlights reel of the day, with pics and all that jazz, but if you are free today (and tickets are still available) go! good times had by all <3

have you already snagged your tickets? who are you most excited to see?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment