Saturday, September 27, 2014

neighborhood faves: beacon hill

while the north end has been my home for quite some time, and the south end is one of my newer obsessions in boston, beacon hill (and charles street specifically) has always been my favorite. it's the first neighborhood in the city I called home, housed my college right on the tippity top (holla suffolk!) and is the epicenter for preppy bostonians . I'm obsessed with the old world charm, the cobblestones, the old buildings, and the incredible boutique shopping and amazing restaurants. I've rounded up a few of my favorite boutiques for scoring the best pieces, and my favorite restaurants for incredible meals and the prettiest cocktails.


shop:
crush boutique has been one of my favorites forever. my broke college self was famous for window shopping/lusting after their pieces whether it was this location, or their other on newbury street. they carry a bunch of my favorite boutique brands like bb dakota, splendid, olive & oak, and plenty by tracy reese.
wish boutique is another one of my favorites. where crush is a bit more edgy and trend driven, wish stocks more of a classic look with timeless basics, which I love. the spot for the perfect fitting pair of jeans, a great dress for an 'oh so special' occasion, a tops that blend seamlessly with the rest of your wardrobe. classic brands like j. brand, ella moss, theory, tibi, and vince are always my go-to's.
the beauty mark is the cosmetic and skin care destination on beacon hill. packed with harder to find brands like kai, duwop, julie hewett, and lipstick queen- it's a far cry from the glowing aisles of a sephora or ulta. the store also doubles as a beautification destination- have your lashes done, your makeup applied and a mini (or full) mani while you wait. definitely my kind of place!

dine/drink:
the king and I is hands down my favorite thai restaurant in boston. their pad thai is my favorite, and I've tried my fair share of pad thai (and nothing else compares). small location, but super clean, the staff is always friendly, and the food is always fresh and amazing.
the paramount is one of my favorite breakfast places in the city. I am a sucker for their french toast (caramel and banana) and pancakes (chocolate chip) and the giant line I'm always met with, tells me that the rest of the city is too! any restaurant that's managed to stick around since the 30's has to be doing something right.
the liberty hotel is an amazing mix of restaurants and bars that each have their own vibe/clientele. the hotel (a former prison- so cool!) is split into clink, alibi, liberty bar, the yard, and catwalk. clink and alibi utilize the old bars for the true prison feel, and feature framed celebrity mug shots. it's a tight space, it is a old jail remember, but a great place for grabbing drinks with your girlfriends or date night. liberty bar and the yard are located in the lobby (and the tiers above the lobby), and are the best for people watching. the yard is the outdoor space and fun if you have a table with a big group, or for a nice summer night.

what are some of your favorite spots on beacon hill?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment