Wednesday, September 3, 2014

love it/hate it: Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner


normally, I am a huge fan of Benefit products. their They're Real! Mascara is one of my all-time favorites, so I was super excited to hear about the They're Real! Push-Up Liner that they had developed. like a true makeup junkie, I researched the product before the launch, read reviews, watched videos and tutorials before even getting my hands on the product. my bosses recently purchased the liner, and I was able to give it a try myself. to say that I hated this product is a bit strong, but not too far from the truth. so many reviews talked about how much product is wasted with every use, and they were not lying. it seemed that every time I clicked more product into the pen tip, I would have to squeeze out the excess- it was quite a pain. I will say, that the design of the tip is perfect for someone who is just getting into winged liner, and isn't quite sure how to get the perfect flick. it was easy to almost stamp at the outer corner, and then just connect the end to your lash line. the gel formula is great for getting a super smooth, rich, pigmented line- but the rich pigment is quite a b*tch to get off. so much so that they have to sell a special remover for the liner. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to purchase a separate remover for one eyeliner, but I also don't want to scrub (and damage) my eyelids, or walk around with panda eyes. if only they could work on the product distribution to the tip, I would be obsessed, but for now (as the product is) I have to say I'm a bit of a hater.

have you tried this liner? what are your thoughts?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment