Wednesday, September 24, 2014

scent story

 

I remember the first bottle of expensive perfume that I ever owned; it was a bottle of Dior Pure Poison that I received as a Christmas present from my father, and I remember instantly feeling so grown-up. while girls my age (I think I was 13 at the time) were wearing sickly sweet, fruity scents, I loved the deep sultry woodsy scents. I still favor sexy over sweet, and have rounded up my favorite perfumes if you'd rather not smell like a floral garden/baby prostitute.

my recent obsession. I got a sample with a Sephora online order and was hooked! the type of perfume that makes you stop and smell your wrist it's so amazing.
 the sweetest of the bunch, but still sexy. a lighter option than my other fragrances.
a deeper and sultrier version of my classic scent.
the perfume that started my obsession with deep scents. so much nostalgia whenever I smell it.
my all-time favorite perfume. even when I find a new scent that I like, I always end up coming back to it. a perfume that people are constantly stopping me to ask me what I'm wearing.

while some people think that certain scents are meant for certain time of day/season/occasion, I don't follow those rules. I love a sultry scent early in the morning, in the middle of summer, or even if I'm having a lazy day. find something that you love, and rock it whenever. "rules" are meant to be broken.

what are some of your favorite scents? do you like a sexy, sultry scent; or are you a flowery gal?

xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment