Friday, September 12, 2014

fashion week favorites: kate spade

even though new york is a city that I know I could never live in (too loud, too cramped, too dirty), every september when fashion week rolls around, I'm always so jealous of the style-makers and fashionistas that call nyc home. going to fashion week has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember, but for now, I stalk designer's instagrams, websites and bloggers who are lucky enough to attend. kate spade is on the top of my list for brands that I would love to work with, and their presentation every year is always my favorite. I love all the bright colors, interesting patterns, classic silhouettes and fabulously fun pieces that they churn out year after year. this year they did not disappoint! here are my favorite picks from this years presentation.


this first outfit was one of the first pictures I saw of the entire line and I was instantly obsessed. I love the crop top/high waisted skirt combo- my celebrity bff mindy khaling has rocked this look before and I love it everytime. I also am obsessed with that print- the green is the perfect shade of emerald (not too dark, not too light) and the flowers are the perfect pop against it. I'm counting the days until these pieces are released because I need to snatch those up!

the second outfit is the perfect "cool girl" look. I love the super simple print, especially against the bright and clean white. I love the shape of the shorts, super flattering, and the boxyness of the top. I'm not sure I'm cool enough to wear these too pieces together, but I love the way they look on the model. super simple (but not boring!) and understated.

the third look is a perfect. the dress is just the right amount of audrey hepburn/breakfast at tiffany's, but the sheer panel on top and the school boy collar keep it fresh and new. I love the tulle layer peaking out from the bottom (doesn't it just make you want to twirl), and I love that it was accessorized with the sexy lace up pumps, and a bright red bag. I'm 99% positive that the dress has pockets, which makes any dress a million times better.

and the final look is a close runner up for my second favorite look. I love the shape of this shift dress, so easy for running around town, but also dressy enough when worn with a heeled sandal or pumps. this print is amazing, stripes and floral, I'm in love. I also love the exaggerated sleeve that keeps the rest of you looking smaller, since boxy shapes can sometimes make you look bigger than you actually are.

what are some of your favorite looks from the kate spade presentation? are you as gaga over the brand as I am?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment