Wednesday, July 30, 2014

essentials: hair care

besides my love of makeup, nail polish and beautiful things- I consider myself to be a pretty low-maintenance girl when it comes to hair. as someone who has had insanely thick hair pretty much since birth, the idea of spending hours everyday taming this mane just isn't my idea of a good time. I try and take good care of my hair (not exposing it to heat as much as possible, only washing it every couple days, and never dying it #virginhair), and have rounded up the products that I use to keep it in tip top shape.


1. & 2. Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo & Conditioner: these two products have been my favorite for years. I love that it leaves my hair smooth, without weighing it down with too much product. I also love that they're available at the drugstore, so much easier than having to schlep out to the salon to buy product.
3. Pssssst Instant Dry Shampoo & 4. batiste Dry Shampoo: I switch back and forth between these two products, and can't be sure which one I love more. after trying what seemed like a million different options that always left my hair looking and feeling worse than it started (how frustrating is that?!), these two soak up oil, add volume, and leave your hair looking and smelling clean. I love that the batiste version is colored, it makes it easier to load up on product without looking like an extra from Marie Antoinette.
5. Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Styling Oil: since my hair is curly, super thick and prone to frizziness, I always use an oil product when it's wet to tame it down. this oil is amazing because it leaves your hair silky and frizz free, without making it look greasy or weighed down. a stylist that has been cutting my hair since I was a little girl recommended it, and I've never looked back since.
6. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle: this is my go-to product if I've been in chlorine, salt water, or have been using a blow dryer a bit too much. it leaves your hair super silky and soft, without looking like you're dunked your head in lotion. it's also a great product to use during the winter when the cold, dry hair has zapped your poor strands of all of their moisture. super inexpensive, and available at the drug store- win, win!

how do you keep your tresses in tip top shape?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment