Saturday, July 26, 2014

california here we come

back from a bit of a blog hiatus, but traveling across the country and spending 4 days in one of the biggest party destinations will do that to ya! to say that California was amazing would be an understatement. even to say it was one of the best weeks of my life wouldn't quite do it, so lets just say I fell in love, and leave it at that.


what would a trip anywhere be without the standard cloud and wing pic? flying over all of the desert between boston and LA was amazing- I love deserts. but nothing compared to the palm trees that were waiting for me in La La land. everywhere I looked it was like a postcard. since it was a standard work week for nikki (I got there around noon on wednesday), i entertained myself for couple hours before we met up for lunch. my first stop in any city? cupcakes, of course. since sprinkles claims to be the original cupcake bakery, I knew the true cupcake connoisseur in me had to try them, and it was on my LA bucket list. tasted the chocolate marshmallow and the salted caramel, and let me tell you, HOLY YUM. the chocolate marshmallow was the best cupcake I have ever eaten, hands down. and isn't the cupcake ATM the cutest?! we spent the rest of the day exploring Beverly Hills, doing a bit of shopping for a much needed California accessory and enjoying the gorgeous sunshine before jet lag set in and I needed rest.


Beverly Hills was my playground for day two; window shopping on rodeo drive, popping into cute boutiques, and ducking into hotels and out of the sun for pretty drinks. as a self respecting julia roberts fan, I knew I had to make a stop at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel and have my own Pretty Woman fan girl moment. the Blvd Lounge was the perfect place to rest my feet, sip on a pretty cocktail (the 20th Century Fox was my go-to), and people watch. after meeting up with nikki after work, we went to the Honor Bar for their amazing chicken sandwich, since we both have a chicken sandwich obsession.


that night we headed up the hills into Hollywood (which side note- those hills are HUGE!) to kick off the birthday celebration with margaritas and nachos with one of nikki's best friends from high school and ending up at Saddle Ranch. cotton candy at the bar (which we carved into faces as the night progressed), a scandalous bull to ride and Israeli men buying us roses- the perfect way to wrap up part one of LA. next stop, Vegas.

what's your must see spot whenever you're in LA?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment