Tuesday, June 9, 2015

baubles and jewels


in the cross country trek, certain important items just didn't make the cut (my amazing DVD collection, favorite handbags, and my gorgeous headboard to name a few). editing down and cramming my entire life into two suitcases and a carry-on was not easy, and there was one collection that I was not (under any circumstances) willing to part with. 

I was lucky enough to amass quite the collection of incredible jewelry pieces during my time at a M. Flynn thanks to my incredibly generous (and all around fabulous) bosses, all of which came right along with me to california. while I love the look of a fun statement necklace (bauble bar makes some of my favorites- check out my picks from a past sale here), I also gravitate towards daintier necklaces and rings for day to day and bold earrings.


on top of my burea I keep a few trays to collect my most worn pieces- this one from Hudson is one of my favorites and says "as far as I'm concerned leopard is a neutral" (one of my favorite fashion sayings and a sweet gift from a friend). I tend to have a pretty basic colored wardrobe and love to wear a bold earring to jazz up an outfit or add a pop of color (especially peeking out from my long hair)- emerald green from Les Neréides Paris, bronze and clear crystal from Camilla James, pink and multi colored crystals from Erickson Beamon, and gold and champagne crystal from M. Flynn. when it comes to bracelets I love mixing metals and a touch of sparkle- crystal pavé link bracelet from J.Crew, and rose gold and enamel bangle from Henri Bendel. the three dainty rings are each sentimental and are perfect when I want to switch out from my everyday ring- gold bow ring from Kate Spade, pearl ring from Kauai, and gold palm tree from a friend. my standard necklace switches between this rose gold and diamond bar, a sweet parting and birthday gift from my wonderful bosses, or this "charm" necklace with my baby claddagh ring, a blessed Italian horn from Florence, and a vintage chain from my mom.


and on the other end of the spectrum, are my favorite statement necklaces that make the outfit and are a great way to look effortlessly pulled together (with almost zero time and effort)- gold multi strand necklace from M. Flynn, brass triangular necklace from Camilla James, pink and crystal multi strand necklace from Nordstrom, gold triangle necklace from Karen London, and gold and enamel necklace from House of Harlow.

are you someone that likes to jazz up an outfit with fun accessories, or do you tend to let your clothes speak for themselves?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment