Saturday, June 6, 2015

love it/hate it: sephora collection cream lip stain


I had been on a mission to find a classic red lip product that would give me the perfect pinup pout, without turning my lips into a dried out mess and without smearing all over my face (tough order to fill). most products that weren't super drying had no staying power and I ended up looking like I had been smooching the Kool Aid man. and if they were a true stain, my lips looked like the sahara desert after a few hours (and don't even think about reapplying).

I had heard great things about the sephora cream lip stains (side note- does anyone else completely forget about sephora collection cosmetics? I'm always so jazzed about other brands that I usually don't even look) and whenever I would go to check them out, so many colors would be sold out. you know a product is good (or at least being buzzed about) when it's sold out at sephora. one color in particular (always red) was never available, so when I saw it a couple week ago I had to snatch it up.

for starters the product is super opaque- no need to apply multiple coats to build to the perfect color. one swipe and you are good to go. I liked that the product had a few seconds where it's wet before it truly sets, giving you a bit to quickly wipe any stray lines before it stains. I did notice though, that even though the product dries, there's still a bit of transfer when you touch your lips or take a sip. forget about applying this once in the morning and forgetting about it all day- it definitely isn't a true stain. but, because of that bit of give, it wasn't super dry and uncomfortable on the lips. the color is great, that perfect true red that can be classic, preppy, rocker, boho, or full glamazon. 

would I say I love the product? no, not love. do I hate the product? definitely not. I like it, really like it. but I haven't given up my quest for the perfect red stain. this one from sephora certainly isn't it, but it'll do for now.

have you ever tried the sephora cream lip stains? what's your favorite product from the store's line?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment