Friday, June 5, 2015

no-heat banana curls


while I am most certainly a self professed beauty junky, hair has never been my forte. I've been lucky enough to be born with naturally nice hair (thanks mom&dad), have never dyed it, and keep the heat styling to a minimum- so I never really have to do much to it. with the help of my favorite products (I ranked my favorites here), and this simple trick, I manage to create the look of curls using a curling wand/iron, as it air dries. and the best part? the curls last for days.

normally this is my go to on mornings that I have to wash my hair (I'm totally a shower at night kind of gal, but sometimes...) and have to find a way to look presentable without blow drying. I start by towel drying my hair and twisting it into a towel on top of my head (this is the time when I'll do my makeup, moisturize, or anything to help the towel absorb as much moisture as possible). then I'll apply one and a half pumps of the serum to each side of my hair, parted in a deep side part (of course use more or less serum depending on length/thickness & part your hair to whatever side you prefer). after I'll brush my hair into a low ponytail, secure at the base of my neck (avoid securing it too tightly to stop dents- these are great), and twist the ponytail tightly from the elastic to the ends. once your hair is dry, just break up the twist into banana curls (side note- is banana curl a New England term? I've had people look at me like I have 10 heads out here) and it looks like you've spent serious time with a curling iron. and since this is the way the hair is drying, you don't have to worry about your curls falling out as the day goes on. translation? curls that look great all day, last for days, and can even be brushed out to create glamorous Hollywood curls. win, win, win.

ever heard of this easy peasy way to curl your hair? try it & tell me if it worked for your hair type!
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment