Monday, June 9, 2014

boston's best: cupcake

there are plenty of bakeries that claim to have the best cupcakes. sometimes the cupcake is too dry, the frosting is too sugary, or they have that artificial sugar taste that I just hate. but one bakery that has never let me down (knock on wood) is Lulu's in the North End. while the close location makes it dangerous, thankfully it's on the other side of the neighborhood, so I'm good about only treating myself once and while. some people like HUGE globs of frosting with their cupcakes, but for me, it's all about the cupcake itself and the filling- which Lulu's is stellar with. my personal favorites are the Lulu (think an old school Hostess snack cake- but a million times better) and the Salted Caramel (love anything and everything salted caramel flavor. who was the genius that invented that flavor combo?!) cupcakes not your jam? Lulu's is a full scale sweet shoppe with homemade ice-cream, cookies, chocolates and nostalgia-filled old school candy. the North End may be famous for Italian restaurants and cannolis (the best are at Modern Pastry, btw. don't even bother going to Mike's), for me it's all about the cupcakes.
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment