Saturday, June 28, 2014

bar exam: Scholars


in a city where bars/restaurants open and close before you know it and with so many options to choose from, it's easy to miss great ones and stick with what you know. scholars is a bar that I've been to a few times, and every.single.time I ask myself why I don't come more often. the location, tucked away in Downtown Crossing, keeps it off the beaten path of the more popular nightlife areas (Boylston, Fanueil Hall, The Alley), but super easy to get to walking or taking the T. besides heading there for a  Friday or Saturday night out- dinner and a private holiday party were also great. since I'm a few years out of college (eek!), I find myself gravitating more towards bars for young professionals, and if that's your scene- this place is gold. a good after work crowd, but also lots of 20somethings and young 30 year olds to mix and mingle with. the cocktails are on point; broken down into three categories "Easy A's", "Light Reading", "Heavy Literature", and "Extra Curricular"- with cute Boston based names like the Tremontaine, the Absolut Boston Tea Party, and the Granary Ground. being a gin girl myself, I love the Dead Poet and the Movie star- but they're all amazing. the inside is decorated like a sexy library (is that a thing? yup- just made it a thing), which plays up the name and vibe. upstairs they have pool tables if you're feeling playful, and the nights I've been there it always seems to be throwback 90's music- which is the best.

where are your favorite bars in the city? have you ever tried scholars?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment