Monday, October 10, 2016

decisions, decisions: warby parker

as a kid with perfect vision who wanted glasses bad, I had some serious eyeglass envy (ditto for braces- so weird). fast forward a few years into the future, after the genius idea to read in the dark because I could, and this girl's perfect vision was no more. I was finally able to pick out a pair of glasses at the optometrist, and didn't realize the small fortune my mother was forking over for my new specs. once insurance, copays, and all that jazz became my responsibility (#adulting) getting new pair of glasses lost it's luster. that is, until I found warby parker. not only do they make it super simple to find the perfect pair for you (go online and choose your favorite 5 pairs to try & have them shipped for free!), have amazing styles to choose from (everything from classically traditional to trendy to downright funky), and are ridiculously affordable ($95 for everything- including shipping!), but they have a 1 for 1 program that provides a pair of glasses to people in need (think toms but for glasses). who doesn't love that!?


the style that I've been sporting for a bit, and love, is the winston in antique shale fade. since I have a larger round/heart shaped face, I like to choose glasses (both eye & sun) that have a more rectangular shape to balance everything out. I used to only wear black/tortoise, but decided to step out of my comfort zone and gave the two tone a chance. that's the best part of the try at home aspect of warby parker- you can choose safe glasses you know will look good, and throw a fun pair or two in. even though I love my winstons, I feel like it's time to incorporate another pair into the mix- which is totally possible to do since they're so affordable! I love being able to use glasses as an accessory, not just a  necessity.

as you can see, the three I'm loving are definitely similar- but each has a little somethin' somethin' that makes them special. the first style- the winston in cognac tortoise and citron is the same shape as the style that I currently have and love, but I love the tortoise (my favorite with dark hair) and the lighter edge. to me they seem a bit less like an accessory, and will blend with whatever I'm wearing a bit better than the faded version. I also like that they're a bit different without the metal detailing on the sides and seem a teeny bit narrower through the bridge. the second pair, the huxley in tennessee whiskey, is tiptoeing into the clear glasses trend that I love/aren't quite sure I'm cool enough to pull off (#storyofmylife). since the majority of the frame is tortoise, it seems like the perfect combination of classic and cool. the last pair, the beckett in saddle sage, are similar to my current pair, with the two tone look, but add green (my favorite color) for a fun little pop.

which pair is your favorite? have you ever used warby parker before?
xx, marissa



No comments:

Post a Comment