Friday, October 23, 2015

love it/hate it: bioderma


there are few products that I will give "holy grail" status to, and bioderma is definitely at the top of that list. back when I was studying abroad in Spain, I loved poking around the department stores and pharmacies to see what products these beautiful women used and loved. I picked up a small bottle of bioderma and was immediately obsessed with its ability to cut through my waterproof makeup (specifically my holy grail eyeliner) and was instantly a convert. it wasn't until I was back in the states, and realized just how difficult it would be to get my hands on this amazing product, that I cursed falling in love in the first place. there was always amazon, which charged ridiculous prices/shipping fees, but I just couldn't bite the bullet. fast forward to two years ago when one of my bosses took a trip to Slavonia and popped over to Italy to snag me a bottle of this miracle worker. I was instantly hooked again and savored every last drop of that bottle (which side note lasted quite a bit since I only use it to take off my eyemakeup and a little goes a long way). thankfully, the makeup gods have spoken and bioderma is easily available from the website beautylish (#hallelujah). as soon as I heard that they were the first US distributor, I hoped on the website and ordered a bottle (with a cute travel size too) and it is still just as amazing as before (sometimes when European products jump the pond the formula is different and it's not the same product that you know and love- this was not the case). there are plenty of micellar water products out on the market now (I'm looking at you simple), but none compare to the original. the best, and only product, that cuts through my waterproof eyeliner like it's nothing, doesn't leave my skin tight after using, and unless I get it directly in my eyes- doesn't sting them. the only thing that would make bioderma better, is if it were a bit more easily accessible (I love being able to pop into sephora, target or cvs to pick up my favorite beauty products), but online vs. over seas? I'll take it.

have you ever tried bioderma? are you a fan of micellar waters?
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment