Wednesday, September 16, 2015

love it/hate it: simple cleansing facial wipes

as a gal with sensitive skin, I love when companies put out products specially formulated to be super gentle (let alone a whole line!). I was so pumped when simple skin care first came over from the UK. I dove right in, experimenting with their cleansers and moisturizers- but it was the facial wipes that had me the most excited. every other brand that I tried (even the versions supposedly made for sensitive skin) would either sting my eyes, make my skin burn and itch, or leave a sticky feeling behind. now- having to rinse off after using a wipe isn't a total black mark against a product, but it definitely makes those late nights that much easier when I don't have to schlep all the way to the bathroom after using one (you know that struggle). so I gave these wipes the old college try and not only did they give me all of those problems, but they also caused me to break out along my forehead after just a couple uses. they work fine at taking of my non-waterproof mascara and eyeshadow, but on my waterproof eyeliner they were hopeless. and while that may make sense, since they are a line created to be sensitive to the skin, they werent even gentle on my skin. the wipes are scented, which I have no issues with scented products (as long as the fragrance doesn't break me out), but usually with sensitive skin products scent is one of the first ingredients left out.

do these wipes work for some people? absolutely. they are a beauty product that has quite the following of loyal fans, and if you're somebody who has tough skin that doesn't easily breakout or flare up, you may be one of them. I love the ease of a makeup wipe, super convenient to keep in your bedside drawer or makeup bag for easy touch ups and the laziest nighttime routine ever (hey, we all have those nights. no judgment.), but I've found a product that's just as easily + better for you ingredients + better formula + without all the issues (expect that blog post soon!).

what's your take on the simple cleansing facial wipes? have you tried any other products from the simple skincare line? 
xoxo, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment