Friday, September 25, 2015

like it, love it, gotta have it: moisturizer for sensitive skin

being surrounded by so much plastic surgery for that last 10 months has made me really want to up my skin care game- so many people who haven't taken care of their skin, get work done and end up looking like creepy plastic versions of everyone else. with my super sensitive skin, I always need to try new products before making an investment (and quality skin care is always $$$). sephora and their sample policy make it super easy. when I popped in a few weeks ago I grabbed a few cult favorites to see what worked best.

like hate it: first aid beauty ultra repair lotion. I wanted to like this product, I really did. I had heard so many great things about the first aid beauty brand, but this product is the worst. right off the bat I was super unimpressed with the liquidy consistency, it spilled out of the sample container and made a big ol' mess. usually products that are that thin and runny don't stick around on the skin too long, and you end up feeling like you haven't even moisturized. but, I was willing to put my consistency issues aside if it proved to be a good product. spoiler alert- it did not. after using this for two days, I was left with tons of tiny little pumps and breakouts all over my forehead and along my hairline. not cute. it's been almost three weeks and I'm still combating those breakouts (more on the product that's been clearing up my skin later). this product may be a cult favorite, but for those of us #blessed with sensitive skin- beware.

love it: fresh lotus youth preserve face cream with super 7 complex. this moisturizer is an all around good product. good for you ingredients, leaves the skin feeling moisturized but not weighed dow, and from a quality company that I love supporting. it has a fresh (har har!) scent, very cucumber/spa like, that didn't irritate my skin. it claims to have seven super charged ingredients that leave the skin radiant and plump- which I think definitely added some luminosity to my skin. if I hadn't tried the next product, this would have been the moisturizer that I added to my skin care routine. but this is a battle of the best, and another product was just better.

gotta have it: evercalm global protection day cream. this was the first I tried of the bunch, and I wish that I had ended with it. it left my skin moisturized, without being overly greasy, but also didn't break me out or leave dry patches in any areas. the consistency was perfect for making sure that moisture stuck around for a little while and didn't just soak up into the skin from being too thin and liquidy. it worked great under my makeup (but note- I don't wear any foundation or liquid skin products so this may not be true if you do) and didn't make my bronzer or blush look patchy. it's been unbecomingly  muggy & super hot in LA lately, and it didn't make my skin goopy (which as a sometimes sweaty girl happens with a lot of moisturizers). it was scented with a citrus fragrance, that initially made me nervous (fragrance is usually a big no-no with sensitive skin), but didn't end up being a bad thing. the scent was actually refreshing first thing in the morning. a huge bonus for this moisturizer over any other that I tried (or have tried in the past) is the global protection aspect. living in LA (with its amazing air quality) has made me realize just how important protecting your skin from air pollution is, and this product is specifically formulated to do just that. this is the moisturizer being added to my beauty arsenal (and thanks to hitting the next level of Beauty Insider at sephora), I'll be taking it home soon & for 10% off. win, win.

are you lucky enough to have super sensitive skin too? what's your all time favorite moisturizer for keeping your skin soft & glowing without adding breakouts? 
xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment