Friday, September 18, 2015

currently craving: bangs

my only personal experience with bangs (that should be classified as a personal nightmare) came right around the 11/almost 12 year mark (ie. perfect pre-teen awkwardness when everyone is their most attractive). I had begged and pleaded with my mother to cut bangs into my thick and naturally wavy hair that frizzes even at the slightest hint of humidity, and eventually won the mother daughter battle. I should have listened when she told me that they would require upkeep, daily blow drying, and about their affinity to get frizzy and look awful in the 90% humidity that New England has more than half of the year, but what did I know. I resented those bangs for exactly as long as it took to grow them out, and developed an aversion to anything bang related.

flash forward to now, and living in a place with hardly any humidity (besides this past two week long heat wave- that's enough Mother Nature! I'd like the real LA weather back please), and I've been itching for a change. now my hair is in serious need of a haircut, but any movie/show/random person the street has me craving thick, long bangs like none other.



what to do, what to do?

xx, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment