Tuesday, August 5, 2014

currently craving: harem pants

 

I tend to steer clear when it comes to super trendy trends; more often than not, they're a style that only looks good on waif-y starlets, and off duty models. my style is pretty classic, but I'm a firm believer in stepping out of your comfort zone every once and a while. enter the harem pant (or joggers, genie pants, whatever you want to call them). there are always so many different looks that I love, but only on other people. I'll convince myself that while it's cool, I'm just not cool enough to pull it off (pastel hair, sneaker wedges, elaborate/detailed tattoos, etc.), and harem pants were totally one of those things. when I was shopping with some girlfriends yesterday I saw a pair at H&M that were basic, not too drapey or in crazy colors, and I figured what the hell. I tried them on, and let me tell you, they are amazing. of course they're comfortable, it's like wearing glorified pajamas, but they also (when styled correctly) were super cute. I opted for a pair of black with tiny random taupe/pale pink dots, but I think the three above would also make great options

Harem Pants from H&M -  the black color is super basic and will mix & match with much more in your wardrobe. tuck in a v-neck to show off your waist, or wear a fun patterned crop top to punch it up a bit. for day time wear a fun sandal, and switch to a strappy heel or platform wedge to dress them up at night.

Satin Side Stripe Joggers from Topshop -  this style is a bit more structured if you're not about the diaper butt look. these would look great with colorful or detailed pair of sneakers, with a silky white sheer button- up. I love that the khaki green is nuetral, but a great color for transitioning into fall (eek! I can't believe we're already talking about fall)

Kaleidescope Jersey Tapered Trousers from Topshop - these are my favorite pair of the three! I love the print, and the colors- perfect vacation pants. while the print might be intimidating for some, I think all of the colors give you so many options for pairing with tops. these are certainly the focal point of your outfit, so keeping it simple with a solid colored top, and accessorizing with metallic jewels and sandals. dress them up at night with black pumps and a leather jacket.

what are some trends that you love, but are afraid to try?
xx, marissa




No comments:

Post a Comment