Wednesday, November 16, 2016

love it/hate it: glossier


as far as instagrammable companies go- glossier is definitley at the top of the list. everything from their easy breezy beautiful staff "models" to the perfectly pale pink packaging and cutesy feel good messaging, is just waiting to grace your feed and help anyone achieve cool girl status. any self respecting hills fan should remember emily, the preppy dark haired new york teen vogue intern brought in to show up lauren during some party for the magazine- love the battle of east coast vs. west coast. fast forward to present day and that same emily is the writer behind the popular beauty blog, into the gloss, and the skin care/cosmetic company in question, glossier.

the second I saw the packaging, I knew it was only a matter of time before I would be placing my own order (sucha sucker for packaging). the original claim to fame was boy brow, a product that was supposed to give you brooke shields worthy brows without all the fuss and muss, and was on backorder for basically ever (hate when companies do that). when I saw that it was back in-stock, into the cart it went (in the shade brown) along with the priming moisturizer



the packaging of everything was just as amazing as I anticipated it being; pale pink everything, a bubble wrap pouch (I love a good pouch!), stickers to decorate your products/phone/whatever (what kind of person doesn't love stickers...), and the most perfectly perfect moto "skin first. makeup second. smile always." too, too cute.

boy brow was the one I couldn't wait to get my hands on. all the videos on the site show the models using boy brow as their only brow product to achieve amazing whipspy natural brows, and I tried it that way my first go around and wasn't wowed by the results. it's definitely a good brow product, keeping my thick and unruly brows in place (a feat in and of itself) and since it's tinted, it added a little somethin' somethin' to some thinner areas. but, if you're looking to fill in spare areas where hair just won't grow, or use a product to build up your arch or create a tail- you'll definitley need to pull in a powder/pomade/pencil to get the job done. I've had the product for a couple months, using it daily, and have noticed that it's already starting to change in consistency; either getting to the end of the tube or it's already drying up- bummer since it's definitely not drugstore pricing, but not make or break.

I've blogged about my issues with moisturizers in the past (check it out here!), but decided to give this one a try. since the basis of the company is skin care I thought that it would be basic enough for my super sensitive skin (fragrance/paraben free and derm approved), doesn't contain sunscreen (leaves me with super cute bumps all along my hairline), and has a thinner texture (something that I prefer in my everyday moisturizer). the first time I tried it I was still living in los angeles and it was just too much for the warm climate. I could feel the product sitting on my face, and caused a couple blemishes after a few days of use. I had a feeling that once I was back in the colder new england air, it would be a great part of my skincare routine. it's been two weeks and it seems like I was right.

still looking to try the balm dot com (deciding between the original or rose & cherry flavors), the milky jelly cleanser (love a milky cleanser during the winter), the mega greens galaxy pack mask (after I finish up some glam glow masks that are still kicking), and the soothing face mist (evian is my go-to, but I love trying new mists)- so safe to say we're in love it territory. 

have you tried anything from the glossier line? what are some of your brand favs that I shouldn't miss?
xx, marissa

ps. haven't pulled the trigger on an order? here's 20% off your first order ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment